February 10, 2013 by hookershorde
February 10th, 2013 – What’s the Craziest Thing You’ve Ever Done?
I’m a junior high school teacher. Each year, the Yearbook Club posts pictures of teachers being awkward teenagers. This year, the girls (there are no boys on the yearbook staff), asked the following: What’s the most “cra cra” (in 14-year-old language, that means crazy) thing you’ve ever done?
It’s a hard question to answer when you have to make it school appropriate.
My list is long. And, I can’t rank them.
- Marrying the MIM (misadventure in marriage)
- Moving to Grand Bahama Island for three months to work on Pirates of the Caribbean
- Purchasing a person-sized iron mouse with a tray for the yard (he serves beverages on it)
- Spending the afternoon making/drinking a lemon-flavored cocktail called “Between the Sheets” (it didn’t end well for anyone)
- Watching two seasons of Homeland in one weekend
- Driving myself home from the hospital after surgery to screw and plate my tib/fib back together at 3:00 am
- Making lentil soup
Then, there’s what friends refer to as being “compassionately crazy.” Currently, four dogs and a cat share my home with me. Our most recent addition is a morbidly obese, 14-year-old toy poodle with Cushing’s Syndrome.
Really, crazy is just living.